INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER
Staffing Insight, Inc. is currently looking for a INFORMATION SECURITY ENGINEER for a client in the Cincinnati Area. The Lead Information Security Engineer will be responsible for defining, delivering and supporting the enterprise security tools and architecture developed in collaboration with the IT Engineering team. The ISE will be focused on securing the network through the operations of intrusion detection system/intrusion prevention system (IDS/IPS), data loss prevention (DLP), Proxy, enter...
• Mentor more junior members of the team
• Contribute to and enhance the network vulnerability management program.
• Define security requirements for the implementation of new applications and projects.
• Serve as a security engineer/consultant on projects.
• Participate in conducting security research on threats and remediation techniques/ technology, make recommendations to the IS/IT teams and oversee their implementation.
• Support operational information security responsibilities, including the development maintenance of standards, procedures, and guidelines necessary to satisfy the Information Security department's network operations.
• Proactively monitor and investigate network security alerts from managed security service provider and in-house security tools.
• Assist in conducting risk assessments to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and determine the impact of proposed changes to business processes, applications and systems. . Provide technical support to regulatory agencies, external auditors, and internal auditors, as required, to respond to audits and examinations of controlled environment.
• Essential/Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience:
• Threat analysis / Incident Response: interpreting events and analyzing network traffic
• Mitigating and addressing threat vectors including APT, DDoS, Phishing, Malicious Payload,
• Cloud, Mobile Devices
• Vulnerability/penetration testing/remediation
• Knowledge of current and upcoming IT security technologies
• Awareness of latest and common security threats
Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies
• Excellent ability to diagnose and troubleshoot accessibility issues.
• Skill in oral and written communication, including presentations to senior management. . Ability to influence, and work with employees at all levels of the organization.
10+ year's progressive experience .
Industry Standard Certifications such as: CompTIA A+ CompTIA Network + CompTIA Security + ISC2 CISSP
Back to Listings
||Competitive / Based on Experience and Skills
||Full Time/On Site
||Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience