Lead Cyber Threat Analyst
Staffing Insight is seeking to fill a LEAD CYBER THREAT ANALYST position for a Direct Hire opportunity in Cincinnati, Ohio. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and ready to embrace the challenges of Cyber Security.
As a member or the Information Security discipline, this role is responsible for assisting in the evaluation and development of systems security across the enterprise with emphasis on detecting, responding and preventing cyber incidents. Review threat data from various sources and perform cyber intelligence gathering and in-depth analysis of various threats. Actively monitor, analyze and correlate network traffic utilizing the latest in security technology, evaluate security incidents, perform research and provide in-depth incident analysis.
Candidate must possess a BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, Cyber Security, Information Management or related field with at least 5 to 7 years of experience in the following:
- Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of malware families, botnets, threats by sector, and various attack campaigns and attacker methods, tools/techniques/practices.
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following topics: Third Party Risks/Threats, Cyber Espionage, Hacktivism, Distributed Denial of Service Attacks, Malware, Mobile or Emerging Threats, Social Engineering, Insider Threats, and Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs).
- Preferred CISSP, GIAC, or CISM certification.
- Experience with common host and network security protocols and tools.
- Common security controls is required including; authentication, encryption, IPS, input validation, WAFs, firewalls, HIPS, etc.. Malware analysis and reverse engineering – memory analysis a plus.
- Proficient in both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Understanding of application protocols.
- Demonstrates strong competence with issues relating to IPS management, network architecture as it pertains to intrusion detection, and event correlation and management.
- Fluent in at least one of the following: Python, Ruby, Power Shell, C#, Bash, Perl, C++.
- Experience with packet capture and network traffic analysis.
- 3+ years of experience in intrusion analysis for large-scale enterprise environment.
- Experience with STIX, TAXI, Open IOC, and other threat intelligence schemas.
- Experience collecting, processing, and analyzing open source intelligence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of information security frameworks and governance standards; NIST, ISO/IEC 17799:2005 and 27001.
- Knowledge of audit frameworks such as COSO and COBIT.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance standards. (PCI, GLBA, HIPAA, SOX, and SAS70).
Back to Listings
Apply for this Position
||Based on Experience and Skills
||Full Time/On Site