Software Development Engineer In Test
Staffing Insight is looking for a Software Development Engineer In Test to be part of an Agile development team, participating in all aspect of the software development life-cycle, focusing on making the team more efficient and productive through quality software best practices. As an SDET, you will be given the opportunity to create software, as well as design/build/maintain test automation. The team consists of mobile, eCommerce and customer facing site solutions.
- Responsible for design and execution of test strategies
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on testability of functional requirements, product designs, and estimating/planning
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design
- Translate user stories and requirements to test cases
- Develop and support the testing of product features throughout the entire development cycle
- Own and be accountable for test strategy, test planning, and test execution
- Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks
- Be the voice of quality by uncovering issues, debugging the application through logs, stack traces and test results, continuous monitoring of systems under test and applications in production to increase confidence in the product or features rolled out
- Work closely with development teams to drive root cause analysis and feed that knowledge into automated quality processes effectively
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Collaborate with engineers in other teams to keep current on the company’s latest developments in the area of automation, learn from them and share/propose ideas
- Advocate for shift-left approach to testing and be the voice of quality
- Research emerging test tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
- Willingness and availability to be a part of a 24/7 production support team on a rotating basis.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong experience in quality assurance, developing automation frameworks and automated tests
- Experience with front end automated testing tools such as Selenium WebdriverIO
- Experience with back end services automated testing tools such as DevTest
- Hands-on experience in setting up Continuous Integration (CI) build environments using TeamCity, Gitlab or a comparable solution.
- Familiarity with containerization software such as Docker
- Experience with defect trackers, Atlassian Jira preferred
- Demonstrated experience designing and architecting scalable and resilient enterprise software
Back to Listings
Apply for this Position
||Contract to Hire